Personal scratchpad for structuring ideas. Feel free to comment and make suggestions but please do not modify. – Aedis
"<term>" – definition page, such as Actor,
"<topic> Overview" – intro page acting as a portal to detail pages, useful when a topic shares a name with a term, such as Actor Overview
"<topic> Basics" – Entry-level tutorial to the topic
"<topic> Masterclass" – Advanced tutorial, tips and tricks.
Subtopics as necessary:
"Light Masterclass/Reducing Framerates"
= Table of Contents =
- Class Reference (Lights, Brushes, Decorations, Triggers, Navigation Points, and other Actors)
= UnrealED Lessons =
Don't be afraid!
- The Toolbar
- The Toolbox
- Understanding Viewports
- Mouse Control
- Create A Room
- How Rooms are Decorated
- How Rooms are Lit
- From PlayerStart to Play!
Let's have some fun
- Adding Sound
- Adding Interactivity with Triggers
- Combining Brushes
- Splitting Bruses
- [Getting Warriors Killed]?
- From 2-D to 3-D
- Vertex Editing
- Advanced Interactivity
- Moving Parts
- Zone Your World!
Who needs friends?
- [Bot Support]?
- [Pathing Lifts]?
- [Strategic Bots (DefensePoints, Sniping)]?
- [Smart Bots (Translocation, etc.)]?
For overactive imaginations
No more baby-talk
- Lighting Tricks and Tips
- Gravity, Warp Tunnels
- Embedding Code or other packages
- Making an Interpolation Path
- [Extended Functionality Using the Console]?
- Gimbal lock or, why rotation in UEd doesn't always do what you want it to.
Looks good. Sorry, I couldn't resist changing the heading to "Encyclopædia"... I like the "Mapping lessons" page idea. Not sure about how you've organized the stuff Encyclopedia heading. How about you create "Mapping Lessons / UnrealED Lessons" as above (though pick one name, we're getting too many | in links), and I'll revamp the HomePage with your suggestions too – give the Wiki a big breath of fresh air – Tarquin
Sorry for the delay – work has caught up with me bigtime. Hope to do some more Wiki this weekend. In the meantime definitely feel free to implement away! BTW – I'm not at all dismayed by the debate – the less punches pulled the faster the results, in my opinion.