The Group Browser is one of several [Resource Browser]?s in the UnrealEd Interface. By default it is docked in the Master Browser. It allows you to save groupings of objects you have selected in the main views (like a cluster of brushes) and toggle their visiblity in the editor. This can be useful in a large complex level for isolating a particular area to work with, or grouping objects meant for detail (like decor, furniture, etc) and hiding them from view so you can see underneath more clearly.
The Group Browser is accessed either of two ways:
- Do UnrealEd Main Menu → View → Group Browser
- Press the Group Browser button in the middle of the toolbar at the top of the Editor window. It looks like a "G".
The Group Browser has the following buttons (from left to right) in its toolbar:
- Dock / undock from browser window
- New Group
- Add Selected Actors to Group(s)
- Delete Selected Actors from Group(s)
- Refresh Group List
- Select Actors in Group(s)
- Deselect Actors in Group(s)
<< Main UnrealEd Interface