Spectating bots as they play a new map or mod can provide invaluable feedback on a map's bot play and balance, the quality and effectivity of a mod's bot support code, or just give you an impression of how bots deal with a certain situation.
- Go to Options → Player Setup and check the Play as Spectator checkbox.
- Start a botmatch as usual.
As of build 2186 (3rd patch) you can spectate a botmatch as follows:
- Go to Instant Action, select a map and a number of bots as usual and click the Spectate button.
Prior to build 2186, UT2003 doesn't provide a built-in means to spectate a botmatch; you need a third-party mutator for that.
- Download the Spectate Botmatch mutator from http://mb.link-m.de/download/SpectateBotmatch.zip (8.5 kB) and install it as described in the bundled readme file.
- After selecting Instant Action from the main menu and setting up your match as usual, click the Mutators tab.
- Select the Spectate Botmatch mutator from the Available Mutators list to the left and click the Add button to add it to the Active Mutators list to the right.
- Click the Play button to start the match.