It has a two-tier structure:
- the C++ code, which in Unreal we call the "native" stuff. This handles all the low-level stuff and platform-specific things. It runs a virtual machine similar to the Java virtual machine, on which runs...
Most work with the engine is done in UnrealScript.
- Key Engine Concepts to get you started
- Terminology - the Unreal engine dictionary
- Taking Damage - how it works
- Controller Overview
- Mutator Topics
Suggested topics that need an "overview" page:
- Console Commands
- Game Ini File
- Compiling with UCC / Compiler Errors
- MyLevel pseudo-package – storing resources into maps
- BSP Tree – Really technical, intuitive, but generalized description
- Unreal Engine Core – Preliminary, hypothetical, I think we need Divine Intervention here...
- OOP Overview – How it works in the unreal engine
- OCD – Object Collision Detection in UT.
- Replication – Unreal netcode
- Terminology – Abbreviations, acronyms and technical terms
- Server Query In Perl
- Skeletal Mesh: How to control animations and individual bones from UnrealScript