Have you been itching to get your hands on a copy of Ued with all of the latest prefab and terrain additions? Ubi Soft is holding a mapping contest for XIII, an upcoming Unreal Engine game, and they are offering the version 829 of UnrealEd for download.
XIIIEd is a version of UnrealEd that comes with the game XIII, using build 829.
An early version of this was released in August 2002 as part of a level design competition. It has enabled mappers to work with some of the new features that will be in UT2003. Users of this editor are invited to add information to the following pages:
Note that information gathered from working with this editor may be be different in higher versions.
Note that the any maps you made would not be directly portable to UT2003 – just XIII. But if you want to give a try to all the latest features (manual is included!), you can download it right here (see below).
- Changes made with the terrain editor will become 'undesirable' if the deco or texture layers are modified afterwards.
- The smoothing tool will sometimes crash the editor if it is used at the edges of the terrain.
- Sometimes actors cannot be selected. Saving and restarting seems to fix this.
- The old 'all white viewports' bug from UeD 2 is still a problem. View → Viewports → Configure and selecting a scheme still fixes it.
The full download has a size of 38 MB. Parts of the documentation are in French.
- Original site: http://www.mapxiii.com/editmap/XIII_NES_200802.zip